A guide of insights, inspiration, advice and tools to gain a concrete vision of what it means to become a pro gamer.
Become a Pro Gamer – Course Description
The most important moment in a pro eSports gamer’s career is its initiation, how one makes the transition from being a hobby or amateur player to a dedicated, determined, hard working and winning professional. This transition is also the hardest stage of any eSports gamers’ career.
Long time Evil Geniuses StarCraft 2 gamer Chris “Huk” Loranger mentions his transition and the hard work involved in pro gaming (from the article, “Chris ‘Huk’ Loranger Believes eSports Is A Lot Harder Than People Think,” GameSkinny.):
“I played StarCraft I and other videogames for a long period of time, but after high school I wasn’t sure what to do with my life basically. I was going to join the US Military to help pay for school – and I didn’t want to take out loans – one, because I didn’t want to take out loans and two, because I didn’t really know what I wanted to do anyway. So I was in the process of joining the military, I took the tests, I was on a waiting list, and StarCraft 2 came out. I was playing it for fun, and then I started doing good. I got an offer on a team for like $500 a month, and they offered to fly me out to tournaments for three months. So I said, ‘What the hell, I’m waiting anyway, I can do this.’ And since then, I’ve gotten better and better deals, and now the military is something I obviously decided not to do.
It’s a lot harder than most people realize. You’ve got to be hard working. You have to be able to take criticism, and be able to be humble. And then generally, you’ve got to be pretty dexterous and smart, I guess, in some ways.”
The purpose of this course is to give the aspiring pro eSports gamer a mindset in order to confidently make that transition. Become a Pro Gamer (eSports Athlete), or otherwise called after the book it’s based on, Jumpstart Your Pro eSports Gaming Career, will provide you with insights, inspiration, advice and tools to gain a concrete vision on what it means to become a pro eSports gamer. It covers:
- Strategies for improving your pro gaming career focus, goal orientation and approach;
- How to create a supportive environment around yourself for realizing your pro gaming dreams;
- Tools to develop a success mindset, defining your pro gaming dreams, and your goals and targets to realize those dreams;
- How to make the right moves in the business of eSports;
- Pinpoint common mistakes young aspiring pro gamers and teams make;
- Practical tools to maximize your gaming performance;
- Tested methods for overcoming common problems in human relations and team dynamics
Become a Pro Gamer (eSports Athlete) is a work that has passed through eSports athletes, educators and entrepreneurs who share a vision of an ever-expanding eSports world.
What is key to note in the beginning of Become a Pro Gamer (eSports Athlete) is that this course aims to give you a success mindset to approach everything you encounter. With this mindset, you will be able to funnel information that you encounter in a way that best serves your goals. You will know what to use, what not to use, how much time and importance to place onto everything that comes your way, so that you can establish yourself a pro gamer, and also maintain balance with other areas of your life.
What are the requirements?
- Only a desire to undergo a transition from being an amateur gamer to becoming an eSports athlete
- If not a desire, then at least a curiosity to understand what is involved in such a transition
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 12 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Strategize your pro gaming career focus, goal orientation and approach
- Create a supportive environment around yourself for realizing your pro gaming dreams
- Develop a success mindset, defining your pro gaming dreams, and your goals and targets to realize those dreams
- Know how to make the right moves in the business of eSports
- Pinpoint common mistakes young aspiring pro gamers and teams make in order to avoid them
- Know the basic principles of how to maximize your gaming performance
- Know how to overcome common problems in eSports team dynamics
What is the target audience?
- Aspiring young pro gamers (eSports athletes)
- Anyone who loves playing video games and is curious to know what it takes to transform from an amateur gamer to a full-time professional gamer
Section 1: Basics You Need to Know to Become a Pro Gamer
1. Introduction to Becoming a Pro Gamer
2. The eSports Boom – Increase Your Confidence & Convince Your Doubters
Section 2: Common Mistakes Young Aspiring Pro Gamers Make
3. Not Minimizing, Eliminating or Inverting Sources of eSports Interference
Section 3: How to Invert Interferences to Your Pro eSports Dreams into Supporters
4. Parents, Family & Friends – Make Them Your Biggest Supporters
5. How to Deal With the Need to Make a Living While Pursuing a Pro eSports Career
Section 4: How to Plan Your Pro Gaming Career Moves & Online Presence
6. How to Develop Your Pro eSports Gaming Online Presence
7. The “Make Your Pro Gaming Dream a Reality” Plan
Section 5: Engineer Your Environment to Boost Your Gaming Skills & eSports Business Ops
8. The Importance of Your Pro Gaming Environment
9. Joining an eSports Team
Section 6: Tools for Solving Problems in eSports Team Dynamics
10. Tools for Solving Problems in Team Dynamics, Part 1 – The Roundtable Discussion
11. Tools for Solving Problems in Team Dynamics, Part 2 – The Bootcamp
Section 7: Conclusion
12. Your Life Changing Decision to Become a Pro eSports Gamer